Monday, April 20, 2009

THE BLOG HAS GONE DEAD

DON'T GIVE UP...DON'T EVER GIVE UP

I'm real tired everyone - the school year is winding down and lots going on
with the kids as well so I'll be very very very very brief. So remember when I wrote in one of my first blogs about the fact that only one man has ever died in a major league baseball game due to being hit by a pitch? I also wondered why there wasn't any more info on this subject and wouldn't you know it. This weeks Sports Illustrated has an in depth feature article on the history of players being injured or killed by baseballs in the century. This article covers it all - little league right up to majors. Thank me later for tipping you off Sports Illustrated.

Oh - since my son will play major league baseball someday I'll start updating you on his season stats - after 8 games: Batting Average - .467, On Base - .651. Starting centerfielder - doing very well.

MOVIE TIME

Screw the movies this week - it's not a good day - oh wait - I may go see the new Jamie Fox movie opening night : The Soloist. It's a fascinating true story and we out here in LA were able to follow this story in the LA Times as it was happening a few years ago. I'm certain this will be a very good film.

MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC

My brother the Sociology Professor has published what I consider to be one of the all time definitive articles on the importance of music in a child's education. This is far beyond the Mozart tests, tests on rats, etc. This is a serious study that takes into account so many factors and proves that participation in music increases a students reading and math scores. For those of you that know me, just e-mail me for a copy but be ready to be bombarded with statistical charts and lots of big sociologist jargon. It's a great paper. For those that don't know me - just send me a comment and give me your e-mail address.

GRIPE OF THE DAY

The guy in Starbucks who was talking loud to his friend right next to me yet kept looking at me hoping to get me involved in his conversation. Dude - it was too early - I don't even like talking to people that I know so I sure as hell ain't talking to you and listening to your goofy stories when I've just woken up. Go away.

1 comment: