Friday, April 3, 2009

I'M GLAD THE SEATS ARE BIGGER

GO YANKEES - WAY TO BUILD THAT STADIUM

I'm happy to report, in keeping up with the times and catering to the
larger citizens of the United States of American and keeping in mind
that US citizens are on average the heaviest people in the world, the New
Yankee Stadium's seats are 2 inches wider than in the old stadium. This
should make everyone very comfy, and figuring that they'll continue to
sell Yankee Franks and Beer at an alarming rate, there should be another
seat expansion in 50 years when they build another new stadium. By the way,
the increase in seat size and slight reconfiguration of the stadium has left us with
nearly 5,000.....yes, 5,000 LESS seats in the new stadium. I guess that's not
a bad thing. Most people can't afford the tickets any more anyway.

MOVIE STAFF ON VACATION

I'm sorry to report that the movie staff has gone on vacation and so all I can do for you today is to recommend a movie and state that the reason I am recommending it is
because it's just good. And here it is: "The Apostle". Written and directed by Robert Duvall and if that weren't enough he won the Academy Award for Best Actor. Sorry to say this Robert - you're an absolute freak of nature. You transform yourself so perfect into every role that it is freakish at the highest level. You're a scary person Robert Duvall. You're also the best there is.

MUSIC STAFF GONE FISHING

The music staff is in Palm Springs fishing. Wait...was that a dust storm outside my hotel that just blew sand into my mouth and into my eyes? OK - the finalists are Chopin Concerto No. 2, Schumann Concerto, Rachmaninoff 3. Most people would think the Rachmaninoff must be an automatic winner in an international competition but I might with these soloist today and I will tell you this. It's a complete toss up. I'm glad I just conduct the orchestra and I don't have to judge. What fabulous talents. I was just thinking.....at 8 a.m. this morning I had never met any of these three people, and on Sunday I'll be on stage helping each one of them try to attain the top price in an international competition. Is that cool or what?

GRIPE OF THE DAY

Nothing, absolutely nothing. I have nothing bad to say about anything today. Oh wait, there is one thing. I'm tired of the cash register person at Office Depot, Home Depot and most other places I go asking me for my phone number and zip code. I'm trying to get the balls to just say "I don't give those out". But I feel obligated since they've helped me by offering a service or an item that I want. I just don't want to answer any more. I don't want to chat. I just want to buy my stuff and go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment