Wednesday, April 1, 2009

THIS TIME I'LL BE REAL BRIEF

TIGER

A quick blurb about Tiger Woods - and I'm sorry for my briefness, but I have a short trip coming up so
I'll do my best since some of ya keep coming back. I'm not sure there is any athlete alive today that
dominates a sport like Tiger Woods. As a matter of fact, I'd be fairly confident to say that other than
Babe Ruth and Michael Jordon, no other athlete has completely taken over a sport and brought the sport
to the masses like Tiger Woods has. I never gave a crap about golf. I'd watch once in a while. But you better
believe that if he is anywhere on the leader board on Master's Sunday in a few weeks I'll be watching. OK,
maybe golf isn't quite as physically challenging as most sports but to hold such mental dominance ...and physical
dominance over your computers for a sustained amount of time is extraordinary.

LIONS

I'm dreading losing people's visits by typing as fast as I can and getting on with my work day so since Tiger
dominated part one I'll give "The Lion King" as movie section of the day. There, I did it. Lion King - one of the
best animated films ever.....great music.....the acting is quite ambitious and the costume design is
delicious. Come on people....I'm trying to get my catchy heading to relate. Cut me some slack...I'm under
serious performance pressure this week.

BEARS....oh MY

So yes, Haydn wrote symphonies and many have catchy titles....the Drum Roll Symphony, the Farewell Symphony, but did you know there was a "Bear Symphony". This is Symphony No. 82 by Haydn. Haydn intimates the tonality of bagpipes or a low sustained drone in the last movement and thus the symphony received it's nickname. Evidently a piano arrangement with dne in the early 19th century titled "Dance of the Bears" using music from Haydn's movement. Never seen this arrangement but that's the story.

GRIPE OF THE DAY

Republicans who have hammered away at Obama since day one as if having another Republican in office like George Bush would have somehow miraculously fixed the never ending cesspool of shit that he left for the next guy. Come on people - it was a no win situation from the beginning and your man got us there....so go ahead and bash the new guy while he tries new things.....you put us there...you can go ahead and complain that you don't like what the next guy is doing to try to fix it. Must sometimes be nice to be blessed with lack of short term memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment